GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Honor C by C. Zampa

Review: In this, C. Zampa's second novel, I once again found myself completely caught up in the book. I enjoyed Honor and Jorge's story tremendously; in fact when I was going through it to solidify points I wanted to make for this review I found myself reading it again. It's seductive and downright addictive is what it is.

 I really enjoyed the way that Zampa gives the reader first person perspectives for the characters, mainly, of course, Honor and Jorge. But the times we were allowed to see firsthand what Becky was feeling and thinking added spice to the story, and I very much enjoyed it, even if I found myself upset with her. However, it was the look into what Becky was going through that added verisimilitude to the rest, and for that I offer kudos to the author. And it wasn't only the direct insight into what the character—whoever it was at the time—was feeling that I liked so much, but also their impressions of what was happening with the others.

In Honor C, the phrase 'the course of true love never did run smooth' is very appropriate. I was heartbroken, for both of them, when Honor decided to end his love affair with Jorge. But I think my heart belongs to Jorge. There is something about him that calls to me; his honesty and forthrightness are totally beguiling—well that and his outright sexiness. What makes it even hotter is that he's only being who he is; there's no guile, no desire to snare anyone. It's just Jorge being Jorge and I can certainly understand just what it is that Honor finds so utterly captivating.

There's no 'bad guy' (or bad gal) here; this is a story of people who love, and of people who hurt. But most of all, it's a story of people who learn that, regardless of decisions made, there is a price. And, at the end, that's life.

Once again C. Zampa has done it; captured me heart and mind, and I look eagerly forward to the next occasion. Thank you dear author!

* * * * Rating: 4½ Stars * * * *

 
Summary: When Honor Castillo convinces himself he isn't gay, he begins a new life. He ends his affair with his lover, Jorge Villagomez, and marries Rebecca to establish a life with her as a respected San Antonio businessman. They have a son and he tells himself he is happy.

Eleven years later, Jorge returns to San Antonio, and his path crosses Honor's once more. The flame of their passion never died, and neither did Jorge's love for Honor.

When Jorge approaches Honor to design his studio, Honor believes he can walk the line between friendship and lovers. But when a sudden crisis threatens to take Jorge from him forever, Honor must choose between his duty and his heart. Most of all, he's forced to decide what he's willing to lose in order to be true to who he really is.

__________________________________________
Buy link: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3823&cPath=55_391

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment